Monday, October 27, 2008

Multi-tasking Mishaps

I've had my share of mishaps while trying to do 2, sometimes 3 things at the same time. Lately it's just been little things. Like yesterday, while making up a bottle for Jack-Jack and trying to clean the house (before the cleaning lady comes ) I forgot to screw the nipple onto the bottle and dumped a whole bottle of formula into Jack-Jack's face! He took it quite well, but I sure felt terrilbe. It brought me back to my "Reality Check" post a few weeks back and reminded me to just slowwww down.

My worst mishap though was with my work laptop. Several months back I decided to make use of Dash's prolonged bath time, which I always supervise. Usually I bring in a crossword puzzle to work on while he plays in the water. This time though I was especially busy at work so I happily sat myself on the bathroom floor and started catching up on work emails while my son bathed. I was making great progress, until my son surprised me by throwing a cup of water onto my laptop!! Okay, LOTS of screaming followed. My laptop was trashed and just as bad, I was working offline so all of the email work I did was lost too.

The next day I had to sheepishly go into work and explain how laptops and bathtime do not mix very well. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Overwhelmed Mom said...

I've done that with the bottle too! Sorry to hear about your laptop :) Go Phillies!