Friday, September 26, 2008

3 weeks of leave

So I am 3 weeks into my leave and yesterday I told my husband that I am ready to go back to work so I can get some rest! I know, I shouldn't expect to get rest with a 3 week old, but sometimes being at home is not as restful as people think.

My "mommy" gene (or whatever) kicks in when I am home and I can not let myself just sit and rest. I know this to be inherited from my Mom, who after 43 years I have never seen sit through an entire dinner without getting up in the middle of a meal to do something for someone else. There seems to be an endless need for laundry, cooking, cleaning, and playing with our 4 year old. Never mind meeting the needs of a new baby!

When I am at work somehow these things take care of themselves without me. Or actually I think my husband does them. Or maybe they just don't all really matter as much as I think they do. At least the laundy, cooking, and cleaning.

1 comment:

cmh said...

I loved your blog, what a good idea! I don't understand where "elastomom"-never mind, I just figured it out! It's from The Incredibles, right? I'm slow. I am glad everyone is doing so well. The boys and I miss all of you. Michael was just asking when Payton was coming back the other day. We have had beautiful weather here, sunny in the low 80's every day.
I will continue to read your site, and bookmark it on my computer.
Take care!
Christine